We want to alert you to a major weather system that our friends in the local National Weather Service Station are advising us on. There is a strong likelihood that a storm system will be coming into the area tomorrow in the mid-afternoon, with high winds and heavy thundershowers. The system is expected to last until 8:00 p.m., with scattered storms continuing throughout the night. Your safety, and the safety of our volunteers, is our number one priority. To that end, we are altering the registration and check-in process as follows:
- Registration: Registration on Saturday will take place between 1:00 and 3:00 pm only. It will be in the American Legion Hall on Dunn Street as originally planned. Registration will also take place on Sunday morning, from 6:00 to 7:30 a.m., again in the American Legion Hall. We will have shuttle service between the long term parking at IDEXX, approximately 1.5 miles away, and the BikeMaine Village from 6:00 to 7:45 a.m.
- Saturday Afternoon Activities: Afternoon activities being offered in Westbrook are still on. We will make decisions first thing tomorrow morning about any necessary cancellations, once we have updated weather information.
- Dinner: Dinner will take place from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., as planned, but it probably will be moved indoors to the American Legion Hall. It will be followed by the Opening Announcements and Welcome, and then North of Nashville will heat up the hall with some lively music until 9:00 p.m.
- Sleeping Accommodations: The American Legion and one or more additional nearby spaces will be open for riders and volunteers to spread out their pads and bags and sleep indoors. We encourage people who live in the area to spend the night in their own beds and come to Westbrook on Sunday morning.
- Sunday Morning: All forecasts call for the weather to clear by Sunday morning. The schedule will move forward as originally planned, with breakfast opening at 6:00, and line up for the mass start to be at 7:50 with a group photo, and everyone set to begin the first day of riding at 8:00 a.m.