2015 BikeMaine Promotion
Are you a cyclist with something to say? Then BikeMaine is looking for you!
Enter to win a free registration to ride BikeMaine, the Bicycle Coalition of Maine’s weeklong, 350 mile bicycle tour of Maine, September 12-19, 2015, plus $500 in cash. The winner will be responsible for creating and collecting video, stories and pictures leading up to and during the week of the ride.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
- A short, 30 -60 second video about why you would like to ride BikeMaine. Be creative! Submit the video by including a dropbox or Google drive link of your video in the body of the e-mail.
- Your first and last name
- A phone number where you can be reached during business hours (8:30am to 5pm)
- Address (Street, City, State)
- Date of birth
A panel of judges will narrow the pool of video entries to no more than 5 semi-finalists.
The 5 semi-finalists videos will be shared with the world through the BikeMaine Social Media Platforms (Facebook and Twitter). Friends and followers of BikeMaine will vote for the winners (see below for more information on voting).
Official Contest Rules
No purchase is necessary to enter or win this contest.
Contest Entry Period
April 10, 2015 to May 15, 2015
The Contest is open to:
- Anyone over the age of 21 as of May 15, 2015.
- Employees and board members of the Bicycle Coalition of Maine and their immediate families are not eligible.
How to Enter
Visit ride.bikemaine.org/contest and follow the directions provided. All entries much be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on May 15, 2015 to be considered.
*All submissions become the exclusive property of the Bicycle Coalition of Maine. Decisions of the judges are final.
The Contest will consist of 3 phases to determine the winner.
- Preliminary Judging. An independent panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select up to 5 semifinalists. Entries will be judged based on: creativity, ability to promote BikeMaine, and uniqueness. Semi-finalists will each receive a BikeMaine tee shirt.
- Notification of Semi-finalists. Semi-finalists will be contacted by May 11, 2015 at the telephone number listed on the Entry Form. The semi-finalists’ responses will be shared on BikeMaine’s social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter).
- Determination of Winner. The winner will be selected by popular vote (voting information below) from the pool of semi-finalists. Semi-finalists’ submissions will be posted on BikeMaine’s official social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) from May 19th through May 27. Voting will close at 5:00 p.m. EST on May 27. The winner will be notified via telephone on May 28.
To be declared the Contest Winner the finalist must first agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Ride BikeMaine, September 12-19, 2015
- Meet with the BikeMaine Event Manger and Ride Director, either in person or by phone to develop an outline of blog topics and a schedule for submitting blog posts
- Create a minimum of 1 blog post (video or written) per month in July and August about getting ready for BikeMaine, 3 blog (video or written) posts during the week of BikeMaine, and 1 blog within a week of completing BikeMaine. (Blog posts will be 300-500 words each of winner’s original writing and contain at least 5 photos or short (30-45 second) video clip)
- Submit a photo (headshot) and a 200 word bio within a week of being notified as the Contest Winner
In return, the contest Winner will get:
- A complimentary registration to ride BikeMaine 2015;
- Public recognition at the event and on the BikeMaine website;
- The opportunity to tell his or her stories by sharing posts and photos of training, riding and exploring the state of Maine; and
- $500 upon BikeMaine’s publication of the Contest Winner’s final, post-event blog.
The Contest Winner will work with the BikeMaine Ride Director and BikeMaine Event Manager, who may edit posts for length, clarity, subject matter, and relevance. Every effort will be made to work with the contest winner and make edits in collaboration, but the BikeMaine Ride Director reserves the right to make final edits as necessary to post in a timely manner.
Votes for the finalists will be measured using the following method of social media interaction in the following way:
- Likes and shares on Facebook
- Re-tweets, favorites and use of contestants’ hash tags on Twitter
We can only count Facebook likes and shares and Twitter re-tweets and favorites on the Official BikeMaine Social Media Accounts.