AT A GLANCE
- Dates: September 7, 2013 – September 14, 2013 (Inaugural Event)
- Distance: 400 miles (57-72 miles/day)
- Participants: 250
- Start: Orono, Maine
- Finish: Orono, Maine
- Host Communities: Orono, Dover-Foxcroft, Belfast, Castine, Bar Harbor, and Bangor YMCA’s Camp Jordan in Ellsworth.
- Cumulative Elevation Gain: 24,000 feet Riding
- Challenge: Moderately difficult — best suited for fit, experienced riders
- Accommodations: camping … with a few hundred of your soon-to-be best friends
- Food: community prepared seasonal Maine meals … fresh and locally sourced
- Cost: $875.00/rider
Registration is now closed. For more information, or if you’d like to ride next year, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is designed for adults and geared to well-trained, experienced riders. For questions or more details please read the FAQ section.
If you’ve already registered for BikeMaine, but would like to add extras to your order, please click here. Extras include services like Tent & Porter service, merchandise and more.
RIDE ANGEL REGISTRATION
As you can imagine, start up costs for launching BikeMaine far exceed the revenues from rider registrations in year one. While generous foundations and corporate sponsors are helping to bridge that gap, a gap still remains. We are exploring all options, including interested riders, for fundraising assistance. Toward that end, we have created a “Ride Angel” program. Here’s the deal: a $2500 contribution (half of which is tax deductible) entitles you to become a Ride Angel. It won’t help you up the hills but it will guarantee you a spot on the inaugural ride, tent & porter service, a BikeMaine jersey, and heartfelt acknowledgment of your contribution during the week of BikeMaine. There are a limited number of spots available. If you want to help support the ride in a big way, please contact the Ride Director for more information.