Join the BikeMaine Volunteer Team, and lend your skills and talents to the success of this awesome event! Are you interested in participating in BikeMaine but not interested in riding? Do you like the idea of spending a week in Maine during early September on a “service vacation?” Are you living in or near one of the host communities and want to learn more about how to help showcase your community? Whatever the reason, you have come to the right place!
The Bicycle Coalition of Maine depends on the help and expertise of many volunteers to make BikeMaine a success. Volunteers are needed before, during, and after BikeMaine. They are key to advancing 450 bicycle riders safely across 350+ miles of Maine roads, and are integral in each day’s celebrations.
Volunteers are every bit as important to BikeMaine as the riders, and we know our volunteers have just as much fun as the participants riding the route each day. BikeMaine volunteers are critical to the success of the event and to laying the foundation upon which its reputation will be built for years to come. Join this super-fun team of volunteers from all over the U.S., and enjoy the volunteer experience of a lifetime!
Below is a list of the volunteer positions and a brief description of each job. Do you have a professional certification, license or skill you would like to share with us (e.g. chef, commercial driver’s license, EMT, ham radio operator)? Please contact us for more information about any of these and other volunteer needs.
- SAG Driver (Provides on-route support to cyclists)
- Bike Route Flagger (Alerts cyclists to hazards, turns, alternate routes and conditions)
- Tent and Porter Team (Provides luggage delivery and tent set-up and take-down services for riders purchasing Tent & Porter Service)
- Information Services Team (Provides information for riders and volunteers at each of the villages we will be staying in)
- Village Site Team (Responsible for setting up and taking down the BikeMaine Village)
- Route Sign Team (Marks and sets signs along each day’s route so cyclists can navigate)
- Bike Route Sweep (Ensures that all cyclists are off the route at the end of the day; removes signs from the course)
- Luggage Team (Helps manage luggage for riders; loads and unloads luggage from trucks)
- Lunch & Rest Stops (Welcomes cyclists to rest or lunch stops and provides snacks and beverages to cyclists on the route)
Please review the documents below and fill out the digital form to join the team!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- BikeMaine Volunteer Waiver & Release of Liability Form
- BikeMaine Volunteer Medical Information Form
- BikeMaine Volunteer Code of Conduct
- BikeMaine Volunteer Background Check and References Form